Samye Dzong London partial re-opening - advance booking no longer required
Posted on 25 Sep 2021
We are happy to let you know that after a long period of closure, Kagyu Samye Dzong London is now open on two afternoons a week, Wednesday and Saturday from 2.00 - 4.30 pm. Entry is via the large wooden garden gates at the side of the Centre which will be closed and locked shortly after the session begins, so you will need to be punctual. See the picture of entrance above.
You do not have to book in advance to visit the Centre - just make sure you arrive in time for 2.00 pm as the gates will only be open for a short while. And please also make sure you read the whole of this page for the full information you will need before visiting us.
We very much look forward to seeing everyone again and welcoming old friends as well as newcomers to the Centre. We are excited at the thought of dharma activities slowly returning to the centre again, and although we have had online dharma events during the closure, we have missed having the building full of people keen to practice and study the teachings.
The afternoons will start with lighting candles in the new butterlamp house, followed by a short shinay meditation session led by Lama Zangmo in the shrine room. After the meditation session you are welcome to continue your own practice in the shrine room or relax in the garden. The cafe / shop will not be open, however you are welcome to bring your own refreshments.
We would like to say a big thank you to all our dharma friends for your patience and support during the closure. We hope to gradually expand our opening hours as the covid situation continues to improve.
Welcoming you at KSDL
- The entrance will be at the large wooden garden gates at the side of the Centre. (see picture above) A volunteer will be there to let you in and receive you.
- Please arrive a few minutes before 2.00 pm. It will not be possible to leave and re-enter during the afternoon. The gates will only be open for a short period prior to your visit and will then be locked.
- Once people have arrived Lama Zangmo will start the lightoffering and everyone is welcome to join.
- Please bring a Dorje Chang text (downloadable from the website) and your own prayers.
- Please bring a bag to put your shoes in and bring it with you into the Shrine Room.
- During your visit you are welcome to use the courtyard and shrine room.
- Our tearoom will not be open but you are welcome to bring your own refreshments and enjoy them in the courtyard.
Making your visit safe for yourself and others
- There will be a sanitizing station at the entry gate so you can sanitize your hands.
- If you or any members of your household have any Covid 19 symptoms, and/or a temperature, please stay at home.
- We will ask you to check in with the NHS app or, if you don't have the app, we will ask for your contact details.
- The seating in the shrineroom will be distanced and cushions will be laid out for you.
- Please only sit in the allocated spaces.
- Toilet facilities will be available at the back of the shrine room. These will be regularly sanitized for your safety.
- When you have finished in the shrine room please follow the exit signs
- Please remember to take all your belongings with you.
- Volunteers will be available throughout your visit to point you in the right direction.
If you have any questions regarding your visit or our Covid measures please email email@example.com
We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Centre again.