Visit of Chöje Lama Yeshe Losal Rinpoche and 20th Anniversary Celebrations
When6 Jul 2018 to 8 Jul 2018
9:00am to 5:00pm
Choose another date/time
WhoTeacher: Choje Lama Yeshe Losal Rinpoche
Anyone is welcome to attend this event!
The Abbot of Kagyu Samye Ling and spiritual director of Kagyu Samye Dzong London, Chöje Lama Yeshe Losal Rinpoche, returns for his traditional annual visit to our centre. To all who have met him, Lama Yeshe Rinpoche is a living embodiment of the joy of practice, and he will be sharing the wisdom of his extensive experience in meditation during this three-day schedule. The weekend will be suitable for all.
On Saturday evening there will be a refuge ceremony and if you would like to take refuge then please get in touch with our office.
During Lama Yeshe Rinpoche’s visit we will also celebrate the 20th Anniversary since Kagyu Samye Dzong London first started in London in Carlisle Lane. We will also have a Refuge Ceremony for those wishing to formally become Buddhists and if you would like to take refuge then please get in touch with our office. There will also be an opportunity to bring your children for a special blessing.
Programme of Events
Friday 6th July
9.00am - 12 noon Long Guru Rinpoche Puja - offerings of fruits, sweet, and/or vegartian savoury snacks for the tsok are welcome
2pm - 5pm - Guru Rinpoche Tsok - offerings of fruits, sweet, and/or vegartian savoury snacks for the tsok are welcome
7pm - 8pm Confession to 35 Buddhas and Shinay meditation.
Saturday 7th July
- 9.30am - 12 noon Guru Rinpoche Tsok - offerings of fruits, sweet, and/or vegartian savoury snacks for the tsok are welcome
- Lunch break
- 2pm - 3pm Maintaining a Positive View through Meditation with Lama Yeshe Rinpoche
- 3.30pm - 4.15pm The Meaning of Refuge with Ani Lhamo
- Short Break
- 4.30pm - 5.30pm Refuge Ceremony with Lama Yeshe Rinpoche
- 6pm - 8pm - 20th Anniversary Celebrations - with Light Entertainment, Music and More
Sunday 8th July
- 8am - 9am Green Tara Puja
- 10.00am - 11.00am The Importance of Lineage & the Role of the Teacher/Student with Ani Lhamo
- 11.30pm - 12.15pm Guidance for Parents & childrens blessing with Lama Yeshe Rinpoche - children of all ages are welcome. We invite children to make a drawing to offer to Lama Yeshe duriing this blessing.
- Lunch break
- 2pm - 2.45pm Buddha, Dharma and Sangha in the City with Lama Yeshe Rinpoche
- Short Break
- 3.15 - 5.00pm The Tashi Lhunpo Monks perform a Cham Dance: "The Power of Compassion" in Celebration of the 20th Anniversary of Kagyu Samye Dzong London
- 5:00pm Cake Cutting Ceremony
- 7pm - 8pm Medicine Buddha Puja
Traditionally the Buddhist teachings are given freely because they are considered priceless and those receiving the teachings practice generosity, or Dana, by making monetary offerings for the centre. This generosity is not payment for goods or services rendered; it is an offering given, freely from the heart, in appreciation for receiving the precious instructions that can help better one’s life and the lives of others.
Making a donation directly helps to provide all the necessary conditions for the study and practice of meditation and Buddhism, bringing teachers to teach and maintaining a spiritual community as well as contributing to the considerable expenses that are involved in running a centre. We are grateful for your support and hope to continue to provide a space of peace and calm dedicated to promoting world peace and good health of body and mind.