Simply Meditation Day
- 17 Feb 2019 - 17 Feb 2019 (9:30am - 5:00pm)
- 3 Mar 2019 - 3 Mar 2019 (9:30am - 5:00pm)
- 17 Mar 2019 - 17 Mar 2019 (9:30am - 5:00pm)
- 7 Apr 2019 - 7 Apr 2019 (9:30am - 5:00pm)
- 28 Apr 2019 - 28 Apr 2019 (9:30am - 5:00pm)
- 5 May 2019 - 5 May 2019 (9:30am - 5:00pm)
- 19 May 2019 - 19 May 2019 (9:30am - 5:00pm)
- 2 Jun 2019 - 2 Jun 2019 (9:30am - 5:00pm)
- 23 Jun 2019 - 23 Jun 2019 (9:30am - 5:00pm)
- 21 Jul 2019 - 21 Jul 2019 (9:30am - 5:00pm)
- 1 Sep 2019 - 1 Sep 2019 (9:30am - 5:00pm)
- 29 Sep 2019 - 29 Sep 2019 (9:30am - 5:00pm)
- 20 Oct 2019 - 20 Oct 2019 (9:30am - 5:00pm)
- 3 Nov 2019 - 3 Nov 2019 (9:30am - 5:00pm)
- 17 Nov 2019 - 17 Nov 2019 (9:30am - 5:00pm)
- 1 Dec 2019 - 1 Dec 2019 (9:30am - 5:00pm)
- 15 Dec 2019 - 15 Dec 2019 (9:30am - 5:00pm)
Simply Meditation Day
Is an opportunity to come and join the Sangha for a day of silent meditation practice. This is a chance to get together with fellow practitioners and gain greater depth in the experience of meditation. It is an ideal environment where those who would like to sit more than they currently do can be supported by the group endeavour of like-minded meditators.
The emphasis will be on silent sitting meditation and walking meditation It will be assumed that participants have already had some instructions, such as having attended Introduction to Meditation or other courses.
The Sangha will lead the practice, signalling the beginning and end of each session. There will be no instructions during the retreat but in the breaks participants will be able to ask questions related to the practice.
This practice is open to all and there is no need to book in advance. Participants are welcome to join in as many sessions as they wish however, once a session has started, it is not possible to join therefore the only requirement is to arrive before the start of a session.
Participants are always welcome to bring offerings of flowers for the shrine as part of meritorious activity.
- 9.30 am - 10.30 am - Shinay Meditation
- 10.30 am - 11.00 am - Break
- 11.00 am - 12.30 pm (25 min Sitting, 10 min Walking meditation 25 min Sitting, 10 min Walking Meditation, 20 min Sitting)
- 12.30 pm - 2.00 pm - Lunch Break
- 2.00 pm - 3:00 pm (25 min Sitting, 10 min Walking meditation, 25 min Sitting)
- 3.00 pm - 3.30 pm - Break
- 3.30 pm - 5.00 pm (25 min Sitting, 10 min Walking meditation 25 min Sitting, 15 min Walking Meditation, 20 min Sitting)
*People are welcome to join for any or all of the sessions.*
Traditionally the Buddhist teachings are given freely because they are considered priceless and those receiving the teachings practice generosity, or Dana, by making monetary offerings for the centre. This generosity is not payment for goods or services rendered; it is an offering given, freely from the heart, in appreciation for receiving the precious instructions that can help better one’s life and the lives of others.
Making a donation directly helps to provide all the necessary conditions for the study and practice of meditation and Buddhism, bringing teachers to teach and maintaining a spiritual community as well as contributing to the considerable expenses that are involved in running a centre. We are grateful for your support and hope to continue to provide a space of peace and calm dedicated to promoting world peace and good health of body and mind.