Simply Meditation Day
- 17 Sep 2017 - 17 Sep 2017 (9:30am - 5:00pm)
- 15 Oct 2017 - 15 Oct 2017 (9:30am - 5:00pm)
- 19 Nov 2017 - 19 Nov 2017 (9:30am - 5:00pm)
- 17 Dec 2017 - 17 Dec 2017 (9:30am - 5:00pm)
- 21 Jan 2018 - 21 Jan 2018 (9:30am - 5:00pm)
- 18 Feb 2018 - 18 Feb 2018 (9:30am - 5:00pm)
- 18 Mar 2018 - 18 Mar 2018 (9:00am - 5:00pm)
Come and join the Sangha for a day of silent meditation practice. This is a chance to get together with fellow practitioners and gain greater depth in the experience of meditation. It is an ideal environment where those who would like to sit more than they currently do can be supported by the group endeavour of like-minded meditators.
The emphasis will be on silent sitting meditation and walking meditation It will be assumed that participants have already had some instructions, such as having attended Introduction to Meditation or other courses.
The Sangha will lead the practice, signalling the beginning and end of each session. There will be no instructions during the retreat but in the breaks participants will be able to ask questions related to the practice.
Participants are always welcome to bring offerings for the shrine, such as flowers, fruits, drinks etc. as part of meritorious activity.
- 9.30 am - 10.30 am - Shinay Meditation
- 10.30 am - 11.00 am - Break
- 11.00 am - 12.30 pm (25 min Sitting, 10 min Walking meditation 25 min Sitting, 10 min Walking Meditation, 20 min Sitting)
- 12.30 pm - 2.00 pm - Lunch Break
- 2.00 pm - 3:00 pm (25 min Sitting, 10 min Walking meditation, 25 min Sitting)
- 3.00 pm - 3.30 pm - Break
- 3.30 pm - 5.00 pm (25 min Sitting, 10 min Walking meditation 25 min Sitting, 15 min Walking Meditation, 20 min Sitting)
*People are welcome to join for any or all of the sessions.*