Choje Lama Yeshe Losal Rinpoche Visit 2017
When8 Jul 2017 to 9 Jul 2017
10:00am to 4:00pm
Choose another date/time
WhoTeacher: Choje Lama Yeshe Losal Rinpoche
We are pleased to announce that Choje Lama Yeshe Losal Rinpoche, Abbott of Kagyu Samye Ling Monastery, will be visting Kagyu Samye Dzong London for a weekend of teachings and meditation instructions. Rinpoche will also conduct a Refuge ceremony and a Children's blessing. During the weekend Lama Yeshe Rinpoche will be assisted by Gelongma Lhamo. Ani Lhamo has been in a four year retreat in Samye Ling and currently assists Lama Yeshe Rinpoche on his travels as well as being his assistant while at Samye Ling.
The Weekend Programme
Friday 7th July - 6.30 - 9.00 pm
Courtyard Fundraising Party in Aid of the Akong Memorial Foundation and the Circle of Nourishment.
Be prepared to enjoy live music, excellent food, not to mention the thrill of our exciting auction.
Saturday 8th July
- 10.00 - 11.00 am Developing Confidence and Courage in the face of Difficulties, with Choje Lama Yeshe Rinpoche
- 11.30 - 12.30 pm The Importance of a Good Foundation, with Ani Lhamo
- Lunch break - 12.30 - 2.00 pm
- 2.00 - 3.00pm The Meaning of Refuge and the Benefits of Precepts with Ani Lhamo
- 3.30 - 4.30 pm Refuge Ceremony with Lama Yeshe Rinpoche
If you want to formally become Buddhist by taking refuge, please let the office know in advance. During the ceremony everyone presents an offering and a white kata (scarf). There will also be an opportunity for anyone to take precepts at this time.
Everything will be explained in Ani Lhamo's talk.
- 7.00 - 8.00 pm Chenrezig puja
Sunday 9th July
- 10.30 - 12.00 Milarepa Tsokpuja with the Sangha
These prayers will be dedicated to the long life and continuing activity of His Holiness 17th Gyalwang Karmapa, Choje Lama Yeshe Losal Rinpoche and all our great lineage Masters, as well as celebrating the (late) Anniversary of Samye Dzong London.
Offerings of fruit, flowers, snacks etc are welcome for the tsok puja.
- Lunch Break - 12.00 - 2.15 pm
- 2.15 - 2.45 pm Children's Blessing with Choje Lama Yeshe Rinpoche. Children and young people of any age are welcome, along with their parents.
- 3.30 - 4.30 pm Appreciation - and other essential ingredients on the Path of Meditation, with Lama Yeshe Rinpoche
- 7.00 - 8.00 pm Medecine Buddha Puja
Since January 2015 all our Dharma and meditation courses have been offered without a suggested course fee.
In the Buddhist tradition one practices generosity, or Dana, by making monetary offerings for the teachings. This generosity is not payment for goods or services rendered; it is an offering given freely from the heart in appreciation of the Dharma.
Please read Lama Zangmo's letter for further information.