Supporting the Centre
Friends of Kagyu Samye Dzong London - Fulfilling the Vision
Kagyu Samye Dzong London is a branch of Kagyu Samye Ling Monastery in Scotland. As part of the Karma Kagyu school of Buddhism our aim is to transmit the teachings of the practice lineage headed by His Holiness the 17th Gyalwa Karmapa Orgyen Trinley Dorje.
The centre is under the direct guidance of Dr Choje Akong Tulku Rinpoche and Venerable Lama Yeshe Losal Rinpoche. Lama Gelongma Zangmo is the resident lama and teacher at our London branch. The success of the centre is entirely due to their tireless effort and commitment and also the result of their compassionate vision which has the welfare and happiness of all at its heart.
It is a rare and wonderful opportunity to be a part of it.
The centre benefits countless individuals by offering the space and the tools for developing peace and tranquillity. This is possible because of the kindness of those individuals connected to us through donations, gifts, volunteering as well as the many activities that take place in the centre.
Friends of Samye Dzong is a scheme that allows everyone to play a part in the wonderful activity of the centre. By making a regular monthly donation or a one-off donation, you can help fulfill the vision of our techers.
Our aim is to provide a welcoming environment for all as well as helping to ensure the ongoing and expanding activities of Kagyu Samye Dzong London.
A regular donation of £5 a month will make a difference. Regular donations of £9 per month will turn out to be a auspicious £108 per year. To join the scheme all you need to do is fill the standing order/donation form you can download by clicking on the link below. There are several options available for supporting the centre:
Monthly donation with *Gift Aid (taxpayer)
Monthly donation without Gift Aid (non-taxpayer)
One-off donations with or without Gift Aid
The best way to help us increase your gift is through a Gift Aid, an agreement which allows us to claim back the tax on the gifts you make to us, increasing their value by almost one third more at no extra cost to you.
Dedicating one of the 1008 Buddhas
For £50 you can dedicate one or more of the 1008 Buddha statues that are on the new shrine to individuals such as your parents, your teachers or someone deceased. We will print the name of the sponsor and that of the person it is dedicated to and stick it underneath the statues.
Fulfilling the Vision
Your contribution will help with:
- Funding a complete set of important ritual objects needed for empowerments as suggested by Choje Akong Tulku Rinpoche.
- Fulfilling our vision for environmental sustainability (all of our electricity is now 100% renewable and our gas comes from a sustainable source )
- Enabling us to offer our Dharma courses purely on a donation basis.
- Publicising the Centre through printing brochures and leaflets as well as increasing our web presence
- Sustaining the community of ordained Sangha and lay volunteers.
- Maintaing this fine Victorian listed building
- Setting up a media station to enhance our capabilities for recording and filming teachings to make them more accessible
Kagyu Samye Dzong London is part of the Rokpa Trust, Registered Charity No. 1059293